Employment Lawyers in Northern Kentucky
In representation provided to public sector clients, the firm provides counsel to school districts, cities, and counties that may involve issues relating to their employees.
Employment law is a broad area that controls how employers must treat employees, former employees, and applicants for employment that includes all areas of the relationship except negotiation and the collective bargaining process, which are covered by labor law. Employment law encompasses a wide variety of issues like Pension Plans, Retirement, Occupational Safety & Health Regulations, Affirmative Action, Discrimination in the Workplace, and Sexual Harassment.
Our employment lawyers can show governmental entities how to reduce their risk of employment litigation and how to comply with state and local laws. Employment issues can include FMLA, ADA, and wage and hour disputes; this also may include the following areas of legal counsel:
- Reviewing client employee handbooks, manuals, and policy statements.
- Assisting with federal and state wage and hour law issues and claims.
- Representing employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and state human rights agencies.
- Providing representation for grievance and arbitration hearings under collective bargaining agreements.
- Collective bargaining on behalf of clients including strategic planning and acting as spokesperson.
- Counseling on issues related to strikes or lockouts, and providing related litigation support.