Experienced Business Representation Attorneys in Northern Kentucky
Running a busy is no easy task. Whether you own an emerging startup or you’re managing a large corporation, every day presents a new set of challenges to overcome as well as issues to address.
Here at Adams Law, our business representation and business litigation lawyers represent a number of different companies in the private and public sectors in Kentucky and Ohio. We practice in assisting with business organization and taxation, bankruptcy and other issues, but we are equipped to work with businesses of any kind on any problem they may be experiencing.
We can help with the daily dealings of businesses and provide ongoing counsel. You can have peace of mind that if an issue arises, we have your back and you can get it resolved swiftly.
At Adams Law, we can also assist with one-time court cases. Our lawyers will help you avoid litigation and other problems by counseling you on practices and setting you up for success.
Specifically, here are the various areas in which we can offer assistance.
Business Organization and Taxation
When you’re just starting a business, you may not know the right way to go about setting it up so that you receive the maximum tax benefits and with minimal issues. We can assist with:
- Business formation/incorporation/business startup services. We’ll let you know how what kind of structure would work for you and why. For example, we may recommend avoiding a partnership because of legal issues that could pop up if the relationship goes sour.
- General business counseling and advice
- Providing advice and direction on hiring employees or using independent contractors. For instance, you need to know the laws of hiring independent contractors and how to properly classify them so you can avoid pricey lawsuits.
- Drafting and negotiating the purchase or sale of a business, so you can either get your business up and running, move onto another venture or retire altogether.
- Working with business owners in developing their ownership structure, including buy-sell agreements
- Drafting basic form agreements for use in your business, like agreements that will lay out the terms of your relationships with clients.
- Establishing a board of directors, providing advice on how to run board or shareholder meetings, and how to keep a written record of such meetings. This is necessary for compliance purposes.
- Finding and working with investors as you grow your business.
As you expand, we will be there to help you restructure your business and determine how to change your tax status, offer shares, merge with another business the correct way, and much more. You can call on us anytime, whether you need ongoing help or a situation arises and you could use our advice.
Bankruptcy and Reorganization
It may be tough for business owners to face the fact that they need to declare bankruptcy and reorganize in order to protect their business and possibly their personal assets as well. However, we are here for business owners to guide them through every step of the bankruptcy and reorganization process, helping them keep what’s left of their business and get back up on their feet.
We have handled loan workouts, liquidations, receiverships, collections, forced liquidations, and dissolutions. We will go over every possible solution with the business owner and offer our counsel on what we believe is the right way to move forward.
We can assist with small business and individual filings or help with Chapter 11 reorganization, both from a creditor or debtor in possession perspective. We can quickly assess the risks and potential resolutions for our clients. Our lawyers can also assist in pre-filing planning and analysis for the business debtor who may need bankruptcy protection, as well protect our client’s rights as others attempt to eliminate their obligation to our clients by filing bankruptcy.
Our business team partners with the attorneys from our real estate and commercial litigation practice areas to serve developers, contractors, borrowers, and lenders throughout Kentucky and Ohio. We assist clients in ensuring they follow regulatory, jurisdictional, and bureaucratic requirements.
When it comes to commercial development, we provide legal counsel in the following areas:
- Real estate development
- Commercial loan transactions
- Construction contracting
- Lien law and litigation
Working With Adams Law
For more than 125 years, the experienced attorneys at Adams Law have provided top-of-the-line legal services to our clients. We are here for business owners who are dealing with a variety of issues and are simply trying to succeed in a difficult business world.
With our guidance, they can learn how to navigate the challenges they face on a daily basis as well as problems that may come up as they grow. We can meet their specific needs and guide them on steps moving forward. With our help, they can continue to thrive despite legal issues that may arise. If you are a business owner, you can contact Adams Law today for assistance.